Meet the Magpie*

In what’s becoming her signature style, she showed up unexpectedly — almost 4 weeks before her expected due date.

But she’s arrived! Born at 11:08 AM on August 24. Six pounds and 5 ounces of sweet, amazing, healthy babyness.

Thanks to an aggressive regimen of painkillers, a lack of continuous sleep, and the overwhelming nature of the emotions I’m feeling toward this little lady, I don’t have many clear thoughts to offer about her presence in our lives right now. hernmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (<– The cat typed this. I’m leaving it.)

For now, suffice it to say that I’m making a habit of bursting into tears at the randomest of moments. Not because I’m sad, though. I’d say it’s because I’m sleep deprived, maybe just a little unprepared, tremendously relieved that I managed to pull off the diabetes-and-pregnancy mix, and totally confused about how anyone can function normally in the world with such a ridiculous amount of  love for another tiny person in their hearts.

It’s been insane, and I’m so happy she’s here.

*Of course, I did not actually name my child Magpie. But I don’t feel right creating an online identity for a 12-day-old. So, that’s her name here!

About these ads

33 comments on “Meet the Magpie*

1. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news. Wishing her a wonderful, love-filled, healthy and long life!! x

2. Penny says:

Congrats! And Magpie is a lovely name for such a sweetie pie!

3. Debra says:

Congratulations, she beautiful:)!!

4. Kerri. says:

She’s gorgeous!!!! Congrats again, Jacquie and Bob and little JacquieBob!

5. Congrats!! Magpie is adorable!

6. Kim says:

I love that pose! So happy she’s here!

7. Joanne says:

Congrats… She’s lovely! And you can tell that sarcasm is going to be a gift of hers, just like her Mama.

8. Jasmine says:

Congratulations!! She is precious and I can imagine with that nickname, she is going to like shiny things :)

9. Colleen says:

She’s just perfect, and gorgeous! Congratulations to all of you!

10. […] For Best Post by a Type-1, Jacquie writes about her expectations on Having the Baby, and Diabetes Too on Typical Type 1.  And while we’re at it, congratulations to Jacquie on the birth of her little Magpie! […]

11. CONGRATS! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

12. Caroline says:

Ahahaha I love that picture! She is totally precious. I am so happy for you guys!

13. Lorraine says:

She’s beautiful! Congrats! (My first – Colin was 4 weeks early too!)

14. kelly says:

Congratulations, she’s beautiful!! My Leah was 4 weeks early too, such a nice surprise. :) Sleep when she sleeps!!

15. Amanda says:

Congratulations Jacquie…she is perfect!! And now you can truly go and tell all those ney sayers out there that you had a perfectly wonderful baby girl. You got to
    “walk out of the hospital in September (August) with a healthy, compact-sized baby… I want to stand outside the sliding glass doors and give the finger to every doctor I’ve seen in the last 5 months who’s been lukewarm about my A1c or a fasting blood sugar number”, just as you’d hoped for in your Overcompensation Nation (June 7, 2012) post. Way to go!!!

16. FatCat Anna says:

Oh Jacquie! What wonderful news to be reading on a rainy day here on my sailboat Jenna’s Journey. I’m grinning from ear to ear. I personally like the Magpie name myself for your sweet little bundle of joy! When she’s older – and can take over from the cat on the keyboard – then maybe she’ll reveal her true name – or maybe not!

17. Scott E says:

I have a big smile on my face right now. Congratulations!!

18. Heidi says:

Congratulations! :-) I bet, she’s keeping you busy already – it almost looks like she’s planning something ;-)

She. Is. Awesome!!! (And so are you . . . . )

20. Alison says:

Congrats! She’s beautiful! Glad you’re both happy & healthy!

21. Yay! Congratulations! She is beautiful!

22. Barbara Cederberg says:

So happy for you! Looking forward to more pictures of Magpie, and of course your blog!

23. quackademice says:

What a beautiful girl! Congratulations!

24. Aiste says:

Congratulations!

25. Liz says:

Congratulations Jaquie! She’s beautiful! Can’t wait to see more pictures :)

26. Jan Turney says:

She is so adorable!! And the smiles on her Grandmother’s face are a joy to see!!

27. Sara says:

That’s the cutest Magpie I think I’ve ever seen. Don’t be surprised at the random knock at your door. It’s just me stopping by for my baby “fix”

WELCOME MAGPIE! <333

29. kelly2k says:

Magpie is the prettiest thing EVER and I have no doubt that she’s also funny, smart and full of moxie!! After all, she is her mother’s daughter & the twinkle in her daddy’s eye!!
    You guys have truly created a beautiful & unique work of art!
    And I can’t wait to give her a ginormous hug in IRL!!! <3

30. @kahoffman says:

So happy for you, J – please to post more photos to Facebook. My ovaries thank you.

31. Congrats Jacquie! She is adorable! Wishing you and Magpie the best of luck.
    All the best, Laura K